Woolworths has shrugged off a failed deal with BP to ink a new long term alliance with Caltex as the supermarket chain continues to look at either floating its petrol business or selling it off.
The four cents a litre discount deal for Woolworths shoppers will be expanded to 125 Caltex sites, adding to the 638 Woolworths rewards redemption sites.
Under the 15-year supply deal, Caltex will make a one-off payment to Wooolworths of $50 million. The new fuel supply agreement is on terms that represent a $80 million reduction in annual earnings to Caltex compared to the old contract.
Last month BP Australia dropped plans to buy petrol stations from Woolworths for $1.8 billion after the competition watchdog, the ACCC, decided to oppose the proposed sale on the grounds that it could lift prices at the bowser.
Today Woolworths announced a new strategic alliance and 15-year wholesale fuel supply agreement with Caltex but says it will continue to pursue an initial public offering or sale of the petrol station business.
The deal includes an agreement by Caltex and Woolworths to co-create a convenience retail offering, across 250 Caltex retail sites. The sites will be co-branded.
“While we were disappointed with the termination of the BP agreement, we believe the customer benefits of our alliance with Caltex, combined with a new fuel supply agreement will allow us to deliver a compelling outcome for both our customers and our shareholders,” says Brad Banducci, the CEO of Woolworths.
“Customers will have access to an extended redemption and loyalty network and an exciting new convenience food format.
“The Woolworths Petrol business is in a good position to pursue its own growth agenda supported by a highly competitive fuel supply agreement and a strengthened management team, all underpinned by solid links to the Woolworths food business.”
Woolworths expects the pre-tax benefit from the deal to exceed $80 million a year.
Jetstar has today launched one of its biggest ever sales with more than 200,000 free return flights available to dozens of destinations including Hawaii, Bali, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Gold Coast and Perth.
Customers can book a return trip and only pay for the departing flight. The fares are available for selected flights on almost 80 domestic and international routes departing from 18 Australian cities.
Jetstar CEO Gareth Evans said the sale was launching today to mark 14 years since the airline commenced operations.
“Since we launched Jetstar in May 2004, with 14 aircraft flying to 13 destinations we have grown to more than 130 aircraft flying to more than 85 destinations across Australia, Asia and the Pacific,” Mr Evans said.
“We are famous for our low fares and last year we sold 24 million seats – or two thirds of all seats sold – for less than $100.
“It’s fitting that we celebrate our birthday with one of our biggest sales on record, giving travellers the opportunity to take a holiday and return for free.”
- Melbourne and Sydney to Hawaii, return from $339
- Melbourne and Sydney to Ho Chi Minh City return from $259
- Brisbane to Bali return from $259
- Melbourne to Bali return from $299
- Sydney to Bali return from $279
- Perth to Bali return from $169
- Sydney to Phuket return from $289
- Cairns to Tokyo, return from $289
- Melbourne to Auckland, return from $179
- Sydney to Christchurch, return from $169
- Brisbane to Uluru return from $169 (new route)
- Brisbane to Sydney return from $99
- Launceston to Melbourne from $59 return
- Melbourne (Avalon) to Sydney return $49
- Adelaide to Melbourne (Avalon) return from $49
- Melbourne to Gold Coast return from $99
- Adelaide to Brisbane return from $121
- Melbourne to Perth return from $191
- Brisbane to Melbourne return from $111
The ‘Return for Free’ fares are only available on Jetstar.com for Starter fares on selected travel dates throughout 2018 and early 2019. Excludes checked baggage. Sale starts at 12:01am AEST 1 May 2018 and ends at 11:59pm AEST Wednesday 2 May 2018 unless sold out prior. Availability is limited and conditions apply.
Jetstar launched sale on many domestic routes! Fares are starting as low as AU$35 each way!
jetstar have the most affordable domestic flights from all major cities in Australia. For Travellers hoping to snag a discount airfare to an Australian holiday destination or a cheap overseas flight? Look no further than Jetstar! A reputable low cost airline, Jetstar is owned and operated by the Qantas Group since May 2004, winning multiple awards including Skytrax Best Low-cost Airline – Australia/Pacific in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Jetstar offer great service without all the extras. Choose Jetstar for your next international or domestic flight and book online with Webjet.
At Caltex you can choose to accumulate your AA Smartfuel discounts, or redeem them instantly.
Just swipe your card when you meet the qualifying spend on petrol or diesel – and ask to accumulate or redeem.
And don’t forget you can redeem AA Smartfuel discounts earned elsewhere too – the more you swipe at participating retailers, the more you save when you fuel up at Caltex.
Get your free AA Smartfuel card at participating Caltex locations or use your AA Membership card and start saving cents per litre.
Everyone loves the movies so what better way to say ‘thank you’ to your valued customers, reward hardworking staff or simply add value to a product or service than a movie voucher from Golden Village. It is a gift that will never be the wrong size or style.
- The GV ONE CARD are sold at $38
- The GV ONE CARD are sold at $38 and are available for purchase at any GV Box Office. While stocks last.
- 1. What is a GV One Card?
It is a stored value card, which allows you to pay for movie tickets, candy bar purchase, Gold Bites and Gold Class Lounges (where available) at GV cinemas.
2. Where can the GV One Card be used?
The GV One Card is only valid for use at any Golden Village cinemas box office in Singapore. You can use the GV One Card to purchase as many movie tickets or candy bar items till the amount on your card is depleted or until expiry. Card is valid for use for a year upon date of purchase.
3. How much does a GV One Card cost?
A GV One Card cost $38.00 each. The card cannot be exchanged for cash.
4. Does the GV One Card allow top up?
No. The GV One Card does not allow any top up, any unused value cannot be refunded for cash.
5. Does the GV One Card have an expiration date?
Yes. The stored value on the card has a validity period of 12 months from the date of purchase. After the card has expired, it is no longer valid. All transaction will be declined.
6. What happens if there are still funds available when my GV One Card expires?
We encourage you to use the entire amount before the GV One Card expires as unused value, regardless of value, will not be refunded.
7. Can the GV One Card be used for online purchases of movie ticket over the GV website?
Yes, it can be used for purchase of movie tickets over the internet.
8. What happens if I do not have enough value on my card to purchase a full value movie ticket at the Box Office Counter or candy bar snacks at the Candy Bar, do I need to purchase another GV One Card?
No, it is not necessary to purchase another card. For any purchase amount that is greater than the available balance on your GV One Card, you can pay in two separate transactions. You can combine the value of your GV One Card with cash or credit card when making purchase only at the Box Office Counter and Candy Bar. This is only Of course, you are welcome to purchase another card to enjoy the perks offered during this campaign period.
9. What happens if I do not have enough value on my card to purchase a full value movie ticket or candy bar snacks on iGV / website / Automated Ticketing machine, do I need to purchase another GV One Card?
Yes, transaction will not be able to proceed with insufficient funds. Combination of payment (value of your GV One Card with case or credit card) is not available on iGV / website and Automated Ticketing machine.
10. Where can I purchase the GV One Card?
You can purchase the GV One Card at any of the Golden Village Box Office.
11. Is the GV One Card transferable?
Yes, GV One Card is transferable.
12. Is there a limit as to how many GV One Cards to purchase?
No, there is no limit on the number of Cards to purchase. You can purchase as many Cards as you like.
13. What happens if my GV One Card is lost or stolen? Will there be any replacement?
Your Cards are like vouchers or cash. Once lost or stolen, there is no replacement or refund.
14. Do I enjoy priority seat selection if I own a GV One Card?
No, the GV One Card does not guarantee priority seating selection and ticket availability.
15. How do I keep track of the balance value of the One Card?
After every transaction made on the card, you will be given a receipt by our GV staff. The slip will reflect the balance value left on your card.
16. Is the GV One Card linked to any loyalty or other incentive programs?
17. Can someone under the age of 18 use the GV One Card?
Yes, the GV One Card is a perfect gift for anyone of any age.
18. How do I purchase the cards in bulk?
The GV One Cards are only available for purchase at all Golden Village cinemas, whilst stocks last.
19. Can I refund for cash if I have purchased items using GV One Card?
No refund will be made for any items purchased with the GV One Card.
20. Can I use the GV One Card together with card promotions or vouchers?
No promotional credit cards, vouchers(GV or shopping mall) are allowed when purchasing movie tickets and snacks from GV cinemas.
21. Can I use voucher or card offer to purchase GV One Card?
GV One Card cannot be purchased using vouchers or any credit cards offer.
22. Can I use the GV One Card to pay for GV Movie Club member price of $6.50?
Yes. You can use the card to pay for GV Movie Club member price of $6.50.